Recently I have being doing a lot of research on Obesity in the country.
Did you know that United States findings document the prevalence of being overweight or obese as 66.3% of the adult population, that’s more then double the percentage 30 years ago.
100 billion dollars are spent in the U.S. every year on medical costs to obesity.
47 billion dollars were spent on exercise equipment, dietary supplements, commercial weight loss programs, and cosmetic surgery.
After seeing these numbers I realized as a fitness professional, if people put their energy and money towards exercising and eating right. In turn they would save themselves thousands and possibly save their life.
Multiple factors influence the development of obesity. However the cure to it is straightforward: eat less and exercise regularly. Though strong intentions to lose weight readily arise from the deep personal pain of overweight, they are rarely sufficient enough to generate full engagement.
To be successful one must realize they need to EAT BETTER, EXERCISE REGULARLY, CHANGE THEIR LIFESTYLE, ALTER SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS, THINK DIFFERENTLY, and be prepared for other unanticipated adjustments.
If you are someone who has been waiting for a sign to get motivated – HERE IT IS -
Here is your guide to SELF ACCEPTANCE, SELF REGARD, & BODY ESTEEM
1. Build trust with yourself and whoever you choose to work with towards this goal. Whether you choose to hire a coach/ fitness professional make sure the chemistry is right and that person has a nonjudgmental attitude and embrace the principle that the accomplishment of feeling better belongs to YOU. Make sure you feel empowered by your fitness professional – & encouraged to feel good about yourself at any weight.
2. Counter powerlessness with self-efficacy. Self-efficacy is about the belief “YOU CAN DO IT”. In order to be successful you need to build your confidence. In the times when your dedication is tested you must be able to fully adopt and maintain weight-control behaviors, to cope with barriers along the way.
3. Have a FUTURE VISION. Change is usually borne on the wings of discontent. A certain level- not to high, and not to low. This is why it is important to have a professional that can push and motivate you in a way you could not do alone. Finances should never be an excuse – there is always a solution in that department. One question I always ask my clients is how much money do you spend on food & alcohol ?? Well take a small portion of that and PUT IT TOWARDS YOUR HEALTH!
4. MAKE A FRESH & NEW START. In order to be successful forget about all the times you have tried some fad diet or bought some pill that promised to make you thin. This is a new day and any attempt in your past consider blocked from your memory. You are now the new you that is only concerned with getting healthy and feeling better about yourself – using the way that never lies – EATING RIGHT AND EXERCISE!
5. Find a COMFORTABLE PLACE for you to achieve your goal. The gym or fitness facility you choose should feel like a home away from home where people are there to support you and welcome you with open arms.
6. TEAM UP – social support is one of the most crucial elements of successful health change programs. Support can come from friends, family, and co-workers; it is also ABSOLUTELY necessary you find a new exercise buddy, or fitness professional to keep you accountable and motivate you.
7. CELEBRATE TRANSFORMATIONS & achievements – make sure as you are on your journey towards the healthy you, you take time along the way to recognize how far you are coming and be proud of all you are accomplishing!!! Deciding to take that step and get healthy can be the scariest step but eventually it will become unavoidable if put off! – GET IT DONE!!
If you have any personal questions or need some advice you can email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org -
If you are in the Miami/ Ft Lauderdale area and would like to try one of my group fitness classes or schedule a session please email me @ email@example.com
REMEMBER – YOU CAN DO IT!!!
<3 , Rachel Robinson